Re: Introduction to GNOME in 2.6

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 08:34, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> Hi guys:
> "Introduction to GNOME" document - in gnome-user-docs package - was not
> updated in a while (since summer, I believe). This is my fault - didn't
> have time to do it. In its curretn form, it will do more harm than good
> if we ship it with GNOME 2.6.
>
> So I'd suggest removing it altogether from the package, at least for now
> - and probalby for good. Do we need release team blessing for this?

So gnome2-user-docs 2.6.0 shipped with Intro, because this completely
slipped my mind.  Soon thereafter, somebody was complaining on IRC that
he was seeing GNOME 2.2 docs with the latest GARNOME.  The document in
question was, of course, "Introduction to GNOME".

I have to agree that having an outdated Intro does more harm than good.
All the information people need is in the User Guide, though Intro may
have provided it in a more digestable form.

Release team:  Given the 2.6.0 extension due to the recent attacks,
would it be acceptable to roll a 2.6.0-1 with Intro removed?

--
Shaun