Re: String changes in gnome-panel

Danilo Segan wrote:

[snip]

> Another thing which I'm interested in, and which is relevant to
> gnome-doc-list, is how do documenters handle this?
>
> Basically, how does one instruct user to log out?  Would it be enough
> to say "Choose 'Log Out' from Actions menu", or would one have to say
> "Choose 'Log Out <username>' from Actions menu, where <username> is
> username you used to log into the system"?

I have used "Choose <guimenuitem>Log Out
<replaceable>username</replaceable></guimenuitem> from the
<guimenu>Actions</guimenu> menu." I don't think the "where username ..."
is required in this case, particularly if the stylesheets render what is
in the replaceable tag differently to the surrounding text.

However, even if the username is in the menu item, I think "Choose
<guimenuitem>Log Out</guimenuitem> from the <guimenu>Actions</guimenu>
menu." is sufficient.