Re: Learnign DocBook

Sean Wheller wrote:
On Monday 07 June 2004 13:59, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

How do I learn Doc book ?

I also have a page full of links for DocBook novices:
http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/bookmarks/docbookmarks

If you're going to use free sofware, you might want to try Xemacs, as it's setup for user-friendly XML editing out-of-the-box.

OR, if you want to use GNU Emacs, I have a package that sets it up to be
very user-friendly:
http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/psgmlx

In either case, right-clicking will bring up a menu of valid tags at the cursor point, and if you right-click on a start tag, you get a menu of attributes. There are some screenshots at the latter URL above.

HTH,
Mark

May I suggest starting with http://www.docbook.org
Subscribe to the docbook mailing lists
Then get yourself an XML editor I suggest one that gives you access to the source xml view. The Oxygen XML Editor is a good tool http://
www.oxygenxml.com

If you have any other questions just ask.

Mark Johnson                     <mjohnson redhat com>
Red Hat Documentation Group      <http://www.redhat.com>
Tel: 919.754.4151                Fax: 919.754.3708
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242