xml2po

Hi Danilo!

I've just discovered your new tool and I'm very happy about it. Months
ago I found the KDE's poxml tools and I discovered some needs and seems
your work is answering most of them :-D

I've got some questions/suggestions for you:

SUGGESTION: the help should show what modes are available now, I think
it could be hardcoded or maybe better detected at runtime.

SUGGESTION: when creating a po file, should be a gettext header output
for adding credits and charset definition.

SUGGESTION: add an option to change the output charset (you know, for
being able to use latin1 instead of utf8), I suppose it should be very
easy to do with libxml2.

SUGGESTION: I'm very interested in your docbook "mode". Is it finished?
If not I think I could help you with some previous work[1] of mine.
Since I get a bit confused with that thing you name "final" marks I
didn't examine your present configuration deeply.

[1] http://cvs.hispalinux.es/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/rl-docbook-cutre-indenter/docbook-cutre-indenter.tidy

SUGGESTION: as you can see in [1], having the right classification of
docbook marks you could create a beautyfied output (better than the ugly
--format option of xmllint). Maybe you'd prefer a new small external
tool reusing code from xml2po and sharing the same modules to work as a
indenter/beautifer for xml code. Indenter for xml are incredibly scarce
and could help a lot managing diff's.

OBSERVATION: did you realized that xml2po crashes with the Evolution
help?

QUESTION: how do you plan to release the tool? I couldn't find a
gnome-doc-utils rpm anywhere. I recommend you to release it in some
manner in rpm and deb. If the tool can work as I expect we'll[1]
recommend their use to all our collaborators and they'll need to have it
available in the most easy way possible. If you need help I think I can
look for some for you for the rpm and deb packages.

[1] http://es.tldp.org

Good job and please keep working :-D

--
        A.Ismael Olea González

        mailto:ismael olea org  http://www.olea.org
        http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

        El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA