Re: I can't access the User Guide at http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/doctable/

Welcome to the team!

Sorry for the web site - it really could use some updating.  Anyway, the
best way to get started is through this list.

There are, of course, quite a few apps that could use some help with
documentation. Do you already have in mind some piece of documentation
you want to work on? If not,  look at the doctable at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/doctable--.html
which lists documentation for various packages, its status, and
maintainers - but much of it is outdated. No one had enough energy to
keep it fully updated.  SUN team (Pat Costello, Eugene O'Connor, Irene
Ryan, Breda McColgan) not only do  the lion's share of work but also
regularly update doctable entries; most other doc writers do not do
this:( So probably the first step in preparing the docs for upcoming 2.6
release would be to find out the actual status of docs  for each module.
If I have some time later, I'll try to do this.

If you have latest develpment release of GNOME (2.5.2) installed, you
can try reading docs included with various programs to see how good and
up-to-date they are; if something seems like it was not updated in ages,
we should get in touch with the maintainer  and offer help.

Best,
Sasha