Re: Proposal of documentation freeze

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:08:01AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Germ?n Po? Caama?o">
>
> > Is there the possibility to have a documentation freeze in the GNOME
> > schedule?
> >
> > May be not for 2.6 because the schedule is done, but at least for 2.8.
>
> (Yeah, I think this would be better off handled for 2.8.)
>
> If you guys can figure out some timelines that suit both teams, I think we'd
> be very happy to see this happen. Thanks!

This sounds like a good idea.  Is a doc freeze intended to help get
the docs translated ?  I suspect that will be rather late in the
game, possibly too late to be of use.  If we ignore getting screenshots
localized then ui/string freezes won't apply and the only constrain
would be feature freeze.  However, writing docs is a fairly time
consuming process.  How much time do you envision giving the docs
folk before freezing ?