Re: Yelp

As it stands now, I think that the Help browser tries to cover too much
with a single approach. Different types of information are displayed at the
same level of accessibility. Ideally, we need a documentation browser that
will differentiate between "online documentation", i.e. large books that
are viewable online and printable, and "Help", i.e. short blasts of
essential information. Different tabbed sections would be one way to deal
with this need. One tabbed section could be an Online Library, with
complete books such as the user guide and the accessibility guide. The
other tabbed section would contain Help only. Although primarily thinking
about the ordinary user, there could also be an advanced users tab
containing, for example, system admin guide, programming guides and
developer documentation.

People might not want to print Help, where they are looking for quick
answers to immediate problems, but they do want to print larger guides for
occasional reference. By separating out the different types of information,
we would already be going some way towards addressing the user different
user needs.

Pat