Re: API Documentation Coverage

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:20, Keith Sharp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I seem to recall that there was a table which indicated the completeness
> of API documents for the different GNOME libraries.  Does this still
> exist and is just cunningly hidden from me?  Could it be returned to
> life if it has died?

I spoke to Shaun on IRC and he hopes to be able to resurrect this as
part of his new gnome-doc-utils package.

In the meantime I finally got jhbuild to complete (apart from
gnomemeeting) and I ran a script to analyse the build logs.  From this I
was able to extract the following:

Package glib has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package gobject has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package ORBit2 has 18% symbol docs coverage.
Package bonobo-activation has 65% symbol docs coverage.
Package libbonobo has 66% symbol docs coverage.
Package pango has 98% symbol docs coverage.
Package atk has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package gdk has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package gtk has 89% symbol docs coverage.
Package gdk-pixbuf has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package gconf has 52% symbol docs coverage.
Package gnome-vfs-2.0 has 83% symbol docs coverage.
Package libgnome has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package libglade has 81% symbol docs coverage.
Package libgnomecanvas has 97% symbol docs coverage.
Package libbonoboui has 50% symbol docs coverage.
Package libgnomeui has 81% symbol docs coverage.
Package panel-applet has 98% symbol docs coverage.
Package vte has 97% symbol docs coverage.
Package gail-libgail-util has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package gsf has 21% symbol docs coverage.
Package rsvg has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package libgnomeprint has 32% symbol docs coverage.
Package libgnomeprintui has 13% symbol docs coverage.
Package gtksourceview has 58% symbol docs coverage.
Package gstreamer has 63% symbol docs coverage.
Package gstreamer-libs has 1% symbol docs coverage.
Package at-spi-cspi has 100% symbol docs coverage.
Package gok has 50% symbol docs coverage.
Package epiphany has 72% symbol docs coverage.

The script I used to do this is attached, it's a bit of a hack.  I'm
sure it could be done more efficiently, probably using xargs.

Hope this was of some interest,

Keith.
#!/bin/bash

# Shell script to analyse undocumented APIs

BUILD=/misc/gnome/build

for FILE in `find ${BUILD} -name "*-undocumented.txt" -print`; do
	API=`basename ${FILE} | awk -F"-un" '{print $1}'`
	echo -n "Package ${API} has "
	head -1 ${FILE}
done