Re: No More SGML

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 09:27:12PM -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> Daniel is removing the DocBook SGML parser from libxml2.  Consequently,
> I'll be removing the usage of said parser from Yelp.  The 2.5.x series
> will no longer support DocBook SGML.  So if there are any SGML docs left
> out there, now would be a good time to convert to XML.

  The direct DocBook SGML parser from libxml2 was a very broken and hackish
piece of code whose intent was just to help people transition document
from SGML to XML, not an attempt at supporting DocBook SGML itself.

  I did raise the point on the mailing-list, asked for feedback 2 weeks ago
about it, and nobody objected. That should not come as a surprise, really.

Daniel