Re: [gnome-love] New Transformations in Yelp

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 08:04, Shaun McCance wrote:

<..snipped>

> I'm afraid some of the rendering looks off.  While developing the XSLT,
> I was looking at the output in Mozilla (well, Epiphany).  It turns out
> that gtkhtml doesn't like a whole lot of the CSS.  There's been talk
> about using Gecko for Yelp.  Help would be appreciated here as well.

Sorry for raking this up after such a long time - but I marked this
mail, and clean forgot about it afterwards ;-)
If you are using Gecko, plase do note that some of the translations in
certain languages (eg Indic languages) will not work (I think at present
there are none for the Indic languages, but, I can assure you that the
GNOME Users' Guide will be translated into Bangla/Bengali by the end of
this year ;-).

Stock versions of mozilla do not use Pango for text reordering and all
that fancy stuff. There is a patch at the mozilla bugzilla which adds a
bridge between pango and mozilla, but I doubt that it will be accepted
into the main tree.

-cheers-
-sdg-