Re: New Transformations in Yelp

mån 2003-10-13 klockan 04.34 skrev Shaun McCance:

Hi!

> I've been hyping this for a while, so it's time to show something off.
> I've created shiny new XSLT to do the DocBook to HTML transformations
> for Yelp.  The XSLT basically works for most of DocBook that is used in
> GNOME docs, but there's a ways to go still.  I've branced Yelp for the
> new code.  The new branch is transformation-playground.

Yay, this is really great! I was thinking before that it might be
possible to speed it up by doing this but I know nothing about XSLT so I
didn't really now.

> I'm afraid some of the rendering looks off.  While developing the XSLT,
> I was looking at the output in Mozilla (well, Epiphany).  It turns out
> that gtkhtml doesn't like a whole lot of the CSS.  There's been talk
> about using Gecko for Yelp.  Help would be appreciated here as well.

I would really want to do this aswell, it should be really easy to do
aswell. The infrastructure is already there to just develop a
yelp-mozilla.c that uses the interface from yelp-html.h to render using
Gecko instead.

My only question is to the a11y guys at Sun about using Gecko. In the
past you've argued that Gecko isn't up to it a11y-wise, is this fixed
now?

Great work Shaun!

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com