System Monitor manual.

John Fleck wrote:

> I'm a little confused here, as I thought Bill Day had said he wanted to
> continue doing the documentation for the System Monitor application.[1]
> Perhaps I misunderstood.

Hi Bill,

I didn't read your message properly, I was in a hurry just before leaving for a short vacation. Anyway, here's the situation regarding the system monitor manual:

The main work that needs doing for the system monitor Help is for the document to be revised to comply with GDSG guidelines, especially the latest terminology. There probably aren't too many technical changes. We could go through the document and mark up suggested changes as per GDSG guidelines, but that would probably take longer than revising the document in the first place.

We need to have the document finished by the end of November, so we can hand off the manual to the L10N team in Sun for translation. If you revise the manual, we still need to do an editorial review to ensure GDSG compliance. Therefore, we need to build in some time for the editorial review. Would you be able to let us have a draft of the system monitor Help by the end of next week for review?

Alternatively, if that timescale is too short for you right now, Breda could do a revised draft per GDSG guidelines, and then you could do a peer review for us. That way we will cover the same ground in the time allowed. You still get copyright credit, of course.

Can you let us know which course of action you prefer.

Thanks,

Pat