Re: [Epiphany] Guidlines and Skeletons for Epiphany Help Documentation

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 15:05, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> Good user documentation will be  a big plus in convincing GNOME that they
> want us in 2.4. Right now our documentation is pretty much NULL :) though we
> do have some skeletons prepared. I'm going to try to start working on the
> documentation and want to propose some guidlines and regulations for
> epiphany documentation as well as a potential skeleton structure. Comments
> please, I've probably forgotten stuff :) Oh I'm ccing the docs team too
> because I think they're advice will be useful :)

Excellent ! I was thinking to this just today. We should probably talk
with the guy that did the skeletons work too.

> 10. Must be in the american english locale.

Must be in the locale of the manual ?

> These are general rules and should be bent based on the specific help topic.
> Is everyone ok with these?
>
> B. Proposed Organization
> 1. Introduction
> 2. Getting Started
> 2.1 To Start Epiphany
> 2.2 To Open Your Bookmarks
> 2.3 To Open a File
> 3. Browser Windows
> 4. Browsing the Web
> 4.1 Using the Address Entry
> 4.2 Using the Toolbar
> 4.3 Using the Bookmarks Bar
> 4.4 Using Fullscreen Mode

I dont like much how fullscreen works now, maybe it's worth delaying
this a bit ... But that could also go post 1.0.

> 4.5 To Open a New Window
> 4.6 To Open a New Tab
> 4.7 To Open a Link
> 4.8 To Open a Link in A New Window
> 4.9 To Open a Link in A New Tab
> 4.10 To Download a Link's Content

Should this include how to view a link content ?

> 4.11 To Save a Page
> 4.12 To Print a Page
> 4.13 To Search for Text in a Page
> 4.14 To Zoom In or Out of a Page
> 4.15 To View the Source of a Page
> 4.16 To Switch in Between Tabs
> 4.17 To Move Tabs
> 5. Managing Your Bookmarks
> 5.1 Overview of the Epiphany Bookmarks System
> 5.2 To Select Bookmarks
> 5.3 To Open a Bookmark in a New Window or Tab
> 5.4 To Create a New Topic
> 5.5 To Add a Bookmark to a Topic
> 5.6 To Remove a Bookmark From a Topic
> 5.7 To Rename a Bookmark or Topic
> 5.8 To Delete a Bookmark or Topic
> 5.9 To Search Your Bookmarks
> 5.10 To Copy the Address of a Bookmark
> 5.11 To Add a Bookmark or Topic to the Bookmarks Bar
> 5.12 To Remove a Bookmark or Topic From the Bookmarks Bar
> 5.13 Smart Bookmarks
> 6. Managing Your Browsing History
> 6.1 Overview of the Epiphany History System
> 6.2 To Select a History Link
> 6.3 To Open a History Link in a New Window or Tab
> 6.4 To Delete a History Link
> 6.5 To Search Your Browsing History
> 6.6 To Copy the Address of a History Link
> 6.7 To Clear your Browsing History
> 6.8 To Bookmark a History Link
> 7. Managing Your Password and Cookies
> 8. Using the Download Manager

Maybe these and saving a link should be near ?

> 9. Customizing Epiphany
> 8.1 Setting Your Preferences
> 8.2 To Show and Hide Window Components
> 8.3 To Edit Your Toolbars
>
> C. Guidlines for Hackers
> Once we have substantial documentation in place I would like to propose that
> any UI changes must be accompanied by documentations fixes. This includes
> string changes, spacing, menu reorganization etc.

I like this. As long as someone can review these changes. Not all
developers has a good english ;)

Thanks

Marco