Re: Installing Docbook

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 14:45, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hello,
> Could someone please tell me how I can install the docbook tools?
> I've spent all afternoon trying to do this to no avail.
> All the links I find are broken, or else only contain RPMs which don't
> help me very much since I am on a Solaris system.
>
> The link in the GDP handbook is also broken.
> The docbook home page doesn't even have a link for docbook tools.
>
> I really hope that someone can help me out.
> I'm not subscribed to this list, so I would need respondents to CC their

Be more specific about what DocBook tasks you're trying to do. Just
write it? Generate HTML? Generate PDFs?

The latest draft of Eric's GDP Handbook:
http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/handbook/gettingstarted.html#installingdocbook
is pretty up-to-date, I think.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead