Re: new docs build setup

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 12:52, John Fleck wrote:
> Folks -
>
> Malcolm has put together an improved docs build system that eliminates
> the problem of maintaining mutliple xmldocs.make and omf.make files all
> over GNOME cvs, pulling them from gnome-common at when you autogen a
> package instead.

Note that these instructions are not applicable if the package does not
already depend upon gnome-common (i.e. the standard autogen.sh script).
If the package maintainer does not current use gnome-common, then not
much short of a poke with a sharp stick is going to convince them to add
a dependency. However, I cannot immediately think of a package with user
documentation that does not depend upon gnome-common.

The instructions for non-gnome-common-dependents is to copy xmldocs.make
and omf.make from a current gnome-common checkout and periodically
resync with gnome-common (the files should not change very often). The
current gnome-common versions fix a couple of bugs that are out in
production, so an initial sync should be done in any case.

Malcolm