Re: gnome documentation

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 14:57, samuel desseaux wrote:
> Hi!
>
> i write to you today because i'd like to take part in the gnome project and
> writing documentations seems interesting.My name is samuel, 27 years, web
> developer and live in France
>

> I'de  interested to work on web pages, api docs ... Moreover,  i'd like to
> have more informations about the creation of a docbook document describing
> the gnome architecture:i'd be interested to do that.

Welcome, Samuel!

Probably the first place to look for documentation jobs that need doing
is our doctable:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/doctable--.html

It lists all the user documentation in the core of GNOME. We're right
this week in the midst of the release of GNOME version 2.2.0. You can
see by the right-hand column that most of the docs have been updated for
GNOME 2.2, but there are still a number yet to be done (that's why
there's a 2.2.1 :-)

Working on one of the user docs would be a good way to familiarize
yourself with DocBook and how we do things. If you see something there
that interests you and the "2.2 udpate" column indicates it hasn't been
done, drop a line to the list and see if anyone's working on it. (Note:
Be sure to drop a line to the list to check on the status of whatever
you'd like to work on - we're not always the best at keeping the
doctable up to date.)

As Daniel mentioned, be sure to drop by #docs on irc.gnome.org and say
hello - many helpful people there who can help you get set up with
DocBook and show you other undocumented rituals of our tribe.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead