Re: 2.2 community release schedule (was Re: gedit manual)

 --- John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 10:18, Breda McColgan wrote:
> > Hello John,
> >
> > my colleagues and I (Pat, Eugene, and Irene) are only just emerging from
> > doing the GNOME 2.0 submission for Sun. The Sun GNOME 2.2 release is
> > some
> > time later than the community release, and we are tied into that
> > schedule.
> >

> This concerns me.
>
> Does this mean that the documentation for which Sun has taken
> responsibility will not be updated for the community 2.2 release, but
> only later when Sun's 2.2 release is done?
>
> I realize a week before the release is a bit late to be worrying about
> this, but does this mean, in the areas where members of the Sun team are
> responsible for documentation, that we'll be shipping 2.0 docs with 2.2?
> Or has updating been going on apace?

no - there have been post 2.0 updates to the docs, and the docs should be
up to date to sometime around septempber/october. I'm not sure how
feasible having docs be up to date for realeases with the present
windows of feature and string freezes