Cross-linking [was Re: Organization of gnome-user-docs, display in yelp]

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 10:46, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
>[snip]
> Implementing the pregeneration option would also enable us to have proper
> links between chapters in a book. At present, the cross-references are just
> text, not links. This is because in the present non-pregeneration system it
> is not possible to link between chapter. Within a chapter is doable, but
> not from one chapter to another.

Why? We have this general "ghelp" url which allows us to link from any
document to any other. E.g., I could put in "Intro to gnome"
<ulink url="ghelp:gnome-terminal">GNOME Terminal Manual</ulink>
 and get a link which, when clicked in Yelp, would bring up GNOME
Terminal manual.  Same can be done when linking from one chapter to
another.  Or am I missing something?

What is currently impossible is to use <xref> for linking between
documents - but this is just a minor inconvenience.
Sasha