Re: Documentation bugs

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 11:57, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> Bugs about documentation get filed in bugzilla (by users). In
> control-center, they get put in the "docs" component - which isn't
> terribly useful, since the doc team doesn't (AFAICT) look at it.
>
> Would a documentation product be worth it? Has this idea been thrashed
> to death in the past? To a certain extent, even if not terribly useful
> to the doc team, it might be nice to have it so we can clear
> documentation bugs into it (since most maintainers can't do anything
> about doc bugs anyway).

I think it's best leaving them where they are, with individual apps. The
app maintainer should be doing the necessary cc'ing and flogging to make
sure the appropriate doc writer is aware of the bug. If there isn't
communication between maintainer and docs person we have bigger
problems.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead