[no subject]

If we pursued a high-profile approach, copying the mailing list with each
action, question, and suggestion then we might be accused of taking over,
bulldozing, or stepping on toes.

If we pursued a low-profile approach, discussing topics with directly involved
individuals, then we might be accused of being very closed, or having a
communication problem.

Until people got used to the presence of the Sun documentation team, we thought
that the best course of action would be the low-profile approach. In the event,
we stand accused of the consequences of both courses of action. Somewhat galling
considering the efforts we have made to be sensitive to other contributors.

Therefore, I conclude that we should switch to the high-profile approach. At
least then we can only be accused of the one set of misdemeanors.

I disagree with Eric on quite a few points of detail, however I don't think it
is worth getting into a "I think this" "you said that" discussion of Eric's
specific points. Unless, of course, Eric wants to pursue specific points
publicly. In which case I suggests he takes those points individually to the
mailing list.

Pat