Re: Discussions on irc.gnome.org

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 08:23, Irene Ryan wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> In the recent mail thread on communication, you mentioned that:
>
> >The GDP's traditional mode of communication invokes the mailing
> >lists and IRC, both very public settings.
>
> Are there organized times for discussions on the #docs channel on IRC?
> How do you know when there are discussions going on?

Irene -

As others have mentioned, there aren't really any formal times for
gathering on IRC. It's mostly a time zone issue. What I do is leave an
irc window open while I'm working on GNOME stuff. That way people can
find me if they need some to hash something out, and likewise I can find
them. We also gab a bit socially, which means if I *really* have
something to get done that requires a lot of concentration I don't IRC.
:-)

Malcolm's and Eric's point is a good one - it's prolly smart to post
something to the list if we actually raise an issue or decide something
that others would care about. I'll try to be better about that.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead