Re: translation size

(To clarify for i18n list: this is about translation of documentation,
not about .po files)

I am not sure about other packages - better ask on desktop-devel list
what maintainers think - but for gnome-user-docs (mainly user guide), we
definitely want localized packages, so that we have gnome-user-docs,
gnome-user-docs-es, gnome-user-docs-ru, etc. I do not think it is really
necessary to  rename the main (English) package to  gnome-user-docs-en,
since English (or, rather, C) is the default language. Hope no one is
offended by that :)

FYI: KDE (at least, in KDE 2.x) managed this problem by having "language
support packages", like kde-i18n-fr, which contains all available French
translations of  docs and all .mo files  for fr locale, for *all* KDE
apps. Of course, this also creates problems: e.g., when French
translations for one of the  apps are updated, this whole package needs
updating. It also requires really good communication between maintainers
of all the packages involved.

Sasha