Re: Template for GNOME man pages.

> <quote who="Pat Costello"/>
>
> > When you say "convert it to a man page", what exactly do you mean? Do you
> > mean that the final output is nroff? If so, why not write the man page in
> > nroff in the first place? What's the aim of writing in one format (xml) if
> > we have to convert to another?
>
> [ I'd offer that the Docbook XML is easier to read and maintain for a docs
> project that works almost entirely with Docbook XML already. :-) ]
>
> - Jeff

Well, there is the complication that engineers will be writing the man pages,
and may well be more familiar with nroff than xml. Although I see and appreciate
the magnificence of consistency, I'm not really convinced that the converter
route is needed. Put it another way, if we create just nroff final man page
files, and not original xml source, will anyone be put out?

Pat