Re: Template for GNOME man pages.

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 08:38, Pat Costello wrote:
> I need a template for engineers to use for writing man pages for GNOME
> applications. Maybe such a template already exists? Anyone know of one that I
> can customize? Alternatively, if I have to create a template from scratch, then
> what format should I use to create the template? XML? NROFF? Or What? Does
> anyone have a GNOME application man page that I can have a look at?

I've been writing the libxml2 and libxslt man pages in DocBook, then
using the DB->man xslt stylesheet in docbook cvs to convert to the man
page for distribution.

see gnome-xml/doc/xmllint.xml and libxslt/doc/xsltproc.xml for the
DocBook markup, and contrib/xsl/db2man/db2man.xsl in DocBook cvs for the
stylesheet I use to convert it to a man page (thanks to Martijn van
Beers for the stylesheet).

I'm cc'ing Tim Waugh at Red Hat, as he also has a stylesheet laying
around somewhere, I think, as well as more experience in the best way to
do this.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead