Re: Changing Yelp to use GtkHtml1 instead of GtkHtml2

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 12:18, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Chris Lyttle wrote:
>
> > I think its silly to use an unmaintained html widget for our help, esp
> > when its broken and there's no one to fix it. Even though it is late Yelp
> > will benefit from any fixes done during an evolution port as its using
> > gtkhtml1 too. Not having CSS is a small price to pay for fixability of
> > bugs esp ones that cause crashes, etc.
>
> It is so good to hear that not having CSS is a small price to pay. But it
> would be nice to hear an explaination as to *WHY* this is true.

It's not clear to me what you're saying here, Sander. If you think we
need CSS for X (like don't we need it for a11y or something?), could you
just say that?

I detect sarcasm in your question, but sarcasm doesn't particularly move
the discussion forward as much as simple declarative sentences full of
information might.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner