Re: DocBook XML to pdf/ps

On 30 Mar 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 17:22, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 04:54:56PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > We currently use this command to build html from our DocBook XML
> > > documents:
> > >
> > > xsltproc -o html/
> > > http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl
> > > gtkmm-tut.xml
> > >
> > > How could we produce pdf and/or ps too?
> >
> >   Argh ... I sugest you look at the DocBook-Apps list FAQ:
> >     http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/
> >
> > http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/tools.html
>
> Sorry for asking an FAQ. I had done some searches before asking.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find much help at those URLs. They suggest that
> DocbookXML->pdf is possible via a few routes, but it doesn't tell me
> 1. What method is preferred for GNOME2.

Is there one?

> and
> 2. How to actually do it, for dummies.

May DV forgive me, but a script containing

java org.apatche.fop.apps.XalanCommandLine $1 $HOME/docbookxsl/fo/docbook.xsl $2

will do it, provided fop and its pre-requistites (w3c.jar and bfs.jar) are
present in CLASSPATH and that you do have the stylesheets in
$HOME/docbookxsl. Oh, and you obviously need java.

> --
> Murray Cumming
> murrayc usa net
> www.murrayc.com

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding