Re: Help suckage for GNOME2 ..continued

tis 2002-03-26 klockan 09.07 skrev satyajit kanungo:
>   Hi  All

Hi!

Great to see that someone looks into this.

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to as Satyajit suggests, let the
applications just have one entry in there Help-menu that fire's up Yelp
with the Content-view up showing the help document for that application.

I think it's a little stupid that libgnome should parse the
scrollkeeper-data too. Or if it should, the scrollkeeper-parsing should
be moved into libgnome and Yelp should be calling functions in libgnome
to get the Content-tree (a little late for this move of functionality
perhaps). But I think that might be a nice solution, since letting all
help browsers parse the scrollkeeper-data directly is imho a bad
solution.

For GNOME 2.0 I think the best solution will be to just let the
applications do a gnome_help_display ("ghelp:application"); (doesn't
remember the exact syntax).

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal