Re: scrollkeeper_example2 0.1.0 Released

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:04:07AM -0600, Dan Mueth wrote:

> Scrollkeeper_example2 0.1.0 is now available.  This is the first release
> of scrollkeeper_example2.
>
> Scrollkeeper_example2 is an example package, illustrating how one can set
> up a package to install XML documentation and OMF files and register them
> with ScrollKeeper 0.3.x/0.4.x.  It includes Makefiles which can be
> directly copied into place without any modifications for most packages. It
> also includes a document which outlines how the package works and
> enumerates the steps one follows to set up their own package similar to
> this example package.
>
> Scrollkeeper_example2 is based off of Scrollkeeper_example1, but is
> modified to work with ScrollKeeper 0.3.x/0.4.x and has many other
> improvements.  Many of these improvements are based on feedback from
> users.  They include:
>   * The omf-install directory is no longer used.
>   * The main Makefiles no longer require any user customization
>   * Figures no longer need to be listed
>   * Much old cruft was removed from the Makefiles
>   * Fewer checks are necessary in configure.in
>   * A detailed list of steps are now listed in the documentation
>   * Packages no longer require ScrollKeeper as a dependency

Dan -

Thanks for doing this. It seems simpler.

So if I understand correctly, the main changes I would need to make in
existing and/or future packages would be:

1) no longer list all figures, just the "figdir"?
2) use new xmldocs.make and include omf.make in the root (unless/until
we've got Jody's centralized version in place.)?
3) get rid of omf-install directory?

Cheers,

John