Re: Help suckage for GNOME2

ons 2002-03-06 klockan 18.09 skrev Calum Benson:
> Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
>
> > > Is this inside libgnomeui? I was under the impression that applications
> > > should only add one menu item saying ("Help") or something which should
> > > call gnome_help_display ("ghelp:/usr/share/gnome/help/....");
>
> Actually, the draft UI styleguide currently recommends providing two
> menu items for Help-- "Contents" and "Search".  Is this something that
> Yelp (or any other Help browser) is likely to be able to support now or
> anytime soon?  Or should we just change the UI recommendations to have a
> single Help->Contents menu item?

What exactly should those to do? I guess Contents should take you to the
TOC of that application. Should search be only for that application, if
so I don't think that will happen for GNOME 2. But will probably
sometime after.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/