Re: [G2R] Request for UI change to gweather applet for GNOME2

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 11:15, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
> Yah, you're right Seth. The problem right now is that gweather can't get
> useful radar maps for the majority of cities. What I'm proposing is adding
> to option of specifying a custom url. Otherwise gweather would try to get it
> silently.

What do you mean silently? I would prefer to have a little label that
says "Could not find a weather map for your area.\n". Maybe you could
also present them with the option for a custom URL, but I really bet few
people will avail of that, and it really exposes the internals of the
system in a way that makes the applet less comfortable IMO. But not a
big deal.

> The other solution is for someone to go through and update the
> Locations list (lots of labor but easy to do) to make it really work
> transparently.

Of course this is the ideal solution, but I'm not volunteering *wink*

-Seth