Re: gdp webpages

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 18:18, Nicholas Curran wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 06:34, Jon Allen wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > The first thing I'd like to do is update the pages to reflect current gdp
> > efforts (gnome2, etc.).  Other items would be get current cool stuff on the
> > pages, like the new 'gnome handbook of writing software documentation,'
> > etc.  It'd also be cool if we got the doctable updated and kept it that
> > way.
>
> It'd be _really_ cool if you could get the Doctable online again.

I think more is required than simply getting the old doctable back on
line. I'm not sure what - I'd like to hear suggestions.

Even before the old doctable went off line, it was little used,and
therefore of little use. Its problem was that people did not keep it
updated. I don't know if this was because it was badly designed and
therefore hard to use, or whether there is some intrinsic problem about
getting people to keep their bits updated on something like that.

I'm cc'ing David Merrill, as I know he's thinking about these questions
in a more comprehensive way in designing Lampadas.
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner