Re: Shortened titles in OMFs and Yelp

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Eugene O'Connor wrote:

> So it's OK to use, for example:
>
>    <title>
>      Calculator
>    </title>
>
> until the shorttitle attribute is implemented?

Yes.

> The contents of the OMF <title> tag do not have to match the contents of
> the XML <title> tag? If that's the case, perhaps we can use the original
> suggestion so that we can easily update the OMF files when the
> shorttitle attribute is implemented. The original suggestion was:
>
>   <comment>
>      GNOME Calculator Manual V2.0
>    </comment>
>    <title>
>      Calculator
>    </title>
>
> What do you think?

I like the idea of preserving the original title in the OMF file as a
comment so that the OMF files can be easily updated later.  However,
<comment> is not a valid OMF element.  So, an OMF file which looks like
the above will not validate and the document will not be registered with
ScrollKeeper :(

We should use the standard XML comment:

<!--
    <title>