Re: G2 Lessons Learned

I didn't start using GNOME until about 1.4 so I have no idea how effective
the Doctable was back then.  Perhaps the current Doctable infrastructure is
sufficient but needs to be used?  I'm wondering if we need to go out and
re-invent the wheel if we have a system already in place.  If the Doctable
in its
current form is actually a useful tool when used consistently, I vote to
stick with
it because:

1. We don't have to install/customize/learn a new doc tracking system.  [1]
2. We don't have to change our methods dramatically to support the new
tool.

Also, adding a 'newbie tasks' section to the doctable might help get new
documenters going in the right direction.

Jon

[1] This will avoid the ever-present GNOME sysadmin issue, and besides,
I won't have to update the webpages till the wee hours of the morning to
support
a new tool ;)

--
Jon Allen :: jon jonallen org :: http://jonallen.org