RE: New thread: Naming conventions.

ons 2002-01-30 klockan 16.01 skrev Daniel Carrera:

> Now, if most people think that "Yelp" is good enough, then fine.  Kevin
> has a good point that we can't change application names all the time.  I
> thought that it might still be possible to change "Yelp" because GNOME 2
> hasn't been released yet.

Hmm .. are we talking about the name of the application or what it says
in the menues here?

The only places you currently see 'yelp' is in the about box and the
name of the excecutable. IMHO, not all programs can be named 'help' so
the applications can have there distinct name but we can use some
"generic" names in the menues/titles?

Or is this confusing (if the user for example looks in the proclist or
opens the aboutbox and it says Yelp)? I can change the name of Yelp if
people thinks this would help users.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/