Re: Detecting stylesheets and DTDs

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, John Fleck wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:51:54AM -0600, Dan Mueth wrote:
> >
> > Has anybody tested out the two tarballs below?  They worked on my system,
> > but it would be nice to be sure that they work on at least a couple
> > other distributions/configurations.
> >
> > Dan
> [snip]
> > >
> > > You can grab the tarballs from:
> > > http://bliss.uchicago.edu/muet/linux/docbookx412.tgz
> > > http://bliss.uchicago.edu/muet/linux/docbook-xsl-1.48.tgz
> > >
> > > Tell me if these work for you, and feel free to fix them up if you like.
> > >

> Dan -
>
> I installed the first one - docbookx412.tgz - and spent some time with
> the makefile to see what you were doing, and it seems to be working
> correctly. I'll try the other one this evening and let you know.

Thanks.

A couple points I may not have mentioned:

* I mostly just copied the post-install and post-uninstall scripts out of
the SRPM spec file from Rawhide.  So, if anybody has any problems or wants
to improve it further (I left out some stuff), you may find the rawhide
SRPM helpful.

* One person reported that this did not work for them on their Debian
system.  I'd be interested to hear if others on Debian have problems with
this.  Even better, if somebody could get a deb together for these
packages, the world would certainly be a better place.

Dan