My introduction

As suggested by the mailing list, I will introduce myself:

My name is Daniel Carrera, I am a graduate student of Mathematics and I
wish to contribute to Gnome.  I thought that documentation would be a good
place to help since it's very important and requires comparatively little
familiarity with the code.

How do you people work?  Do you normally have only one maintainer per
document?

How much work does it usually take to maintain a document once it's
written?

Can any one suggest a document to get started on?  In particular, which
documents are needed most?

How do I "hand in" the document?  Should I send a tar ball with the
DocBook and the image files? Where do I send it?

I'd like to say something upfront:
My schedule is very erratic. Depending mostly on school, some times I'll
be able to dedicate a lot of time, and some times very little.  Is this
acceptable?

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to making a useful contribution.

Regards,
Daniel Carrera