[no subject]

   February 11  UI FREEZE - no more UI changes w/o approval of release
   team (excludes 1.4 feature porting) [1]

and

   1. The GNOME 2 release team will be enforcing the various freeze
   dates. If you have a change that breaks one of the freezes but that
   you feel must go in, please contact us so we can review the
   change.

   We will be much more likely to accept changes that are planned
   before the freeze date but don't quite make it, or changes that are
   agreed upon by all affected parties.

One of the main reasons for the UI freeze is to make things stable
enough that we can finish documenting them. If it's a UI change that
does not effect documentation, I (as the docs person on the release
team) won't be objecting. It doesn't sound like the changes you're
contemplating will.

Cheers,

John