Re: CSS for Help Docs

Alex Larsson wrote:

> How bad is this UI freeze? I've asked the docs people here to come up with
> some nicer headers and stuff for the Yelp index pages. Does the UI freeze
> mean we have to keep looking like ass?

I dunno what the official release team definition of 'UI Freeze' is, but
I'd say that if you make a change that means the documented description
of how you use the application doesn't have to change, then it has a
reasonable chance of sneaking in after the UI freeze.

(Of course it's nice if the screenshots in the docs exactly match what
you see on the screen too, but IMHO that's less important than having
accurate text-- maybe I'm wrong.)

A couple of weeks back, Seth forwarded an email of mine to the release
team suggesting which UI things I thought it might be worth leaving
malleable even after the freeze-- I've attached it here for reference.
(Content of help pages wasn't on the list, but that's because I never
thought about it... I thought of that as more of a docs issue, but I
guess you have to document the help browser app too.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

--- Begin Message ---
>> 3) Some minor string changes that are important for HIG consistency.
>> Calum's made a list of some things that he thinks are "minor" enough
>> that its worth changing them even if the docs end up not saying
>> *exactly* the same thing as the interface.

> Could these be attacked / noted as soon as possible?

> Glad these things are on your collective minds, anyway. :)

Oops, stupid me, meant to attach them.

-Seth