Re: CSS for Help Docs]

Pat said, regarding online Help stylesheets:

>Accessibility Issues:
>=====================
>
>- Calum was edging towards the use of backgrounds as an accessiblity tool, and
>indeed that would be a good thing. A user-variable background color and
>foreground text feature could provide a useful feature.

I agree with Pat that we should be as clean and uncluttered as possible here.

As far as accessibility goes, a gratuitous background is likely to be a liability.

What *is* needed is a means of specifying foreground and background colors, and font sizes (at a
minimum) for accessibility.  Since the default GTK+ theme is doing this via RC files now, why can we
not use the GTK+ themeing mechanism for determining foreground and background colors, selection
color, and typeface/size?  This is the recommended (nay, 'required') behavior for accessible
applications in general.

best regards,

Bill

------