Re: I'm ready...

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:28:08PM -0800, eric bushmeier wrote:
> Please excuse the format of this message.  It is being
> written from a page intended for WAP phones =)
>
> John I would prefer to do editing if possible.  What
> exactly is required of the XML conversion.  Also what
> documents would be required reading to get started? I
> have a copy of the GDP pdf and I have looked over the
> Gnome Style? Document.

Great. Have you ever worked with DocBook before?

The bulk of the editing required right now involves documents that
have already been converted to XML. We need to read them and ensure
that they comply with the GNOME Documentation Style Guide.

Not sure what GDP pdf you have, but the GDP Handbook at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/handbook/gdp-handbook/ has
some useful information, especially about working with our cvs, which
is the most important first step.

You need to be able to check documents out of cvs, edit them, and then
send diff files to the author.

I've just finished quick rewrites and xml conversion on a couple of
that could use editing: gdialog and gsearchtool. They're in the
gnome-utils package.

Cheers,

John