User/Developer docs [Was: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API]

<quote who="John Fleck">

> > > And, where is all the new GNOME 2 documentation? I've seen some of it
> > > on other sites.
> >
> > Good question. Docs team?
>
> /me pokes Jeff W., whose fully cool new web technology will do this when
> it surfaces.

Heh, and it's being pushed very quickly towards the surface atm. The Board
has convinced me that we should put a skeleton site up (with a decent front
page at the very least) on The Real www.gnome.org as soon as it's feasible.
Yikes!

Anyway, on the docs front, I need help with user docs locations and such.
What are all the user docs that should go on the site? John started a list a
while back, but something approaching complete would *really* help.

Will have to work out navigation issues, whether the OMF stuff will be
useful, etc. Basically, the build system will suck a doc out of CVS,
generate it nicely, and plop it into a directory. We need a plan for setting
up the navigation pages around that.

I'm happy to take all of the OMF files and build a sitemap/index/tree thingy
out of those... Is that sensible?

- Jeff

--
  "We live in a place where policy discussion is conducted with money." -
                                Eben Moglen