Re: docbook crossrefs

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 11:17, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> If you convert to html-nochunks, and run the resulting HTML file through
> HTMLdoc you'll get a PDF with links that work.  This is the most
> reliable method I've found so far.
I use PassiveTeX[1] to convert an FO to a PDF.  The memory limits in
"/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf" are too low on every system I've ever used, but
after a bit of tweaking I get a very usable PDF with working links.  It
is a two-step process.

1. Convert the DocBook to a FO using "xsltproc".
   xsltproc /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/fo/docbook.xsl \
     foo.xml > foo.fo
2. Convert the FO into a PDF.
   pdflatex foo.fo

It can also be useful to create a little TeX file that contains the line
    \nonstopmode\def\xmlfile{foo.fo}\input xmltex
so errors do no cause TeX to stop processing.  If you do this change
Step (2) to
    pdflatex foo.tex
Eventually I put everything into a Makefile; Email me if you want a
copy.

Does this solve your DocBook to PDF problem, Pat?

[1] http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Software/passivetex/
--
Michael JasonSmith      http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~mpj17/