[no subject]

> 	* we need a change to the way gnome2-db2html does things
> 	  internaly slightly

s/slightly/pretty much/

> 	* yelp is presently making assumptions that need to change -
> 	  Hallski doesn't like it because it will make things less
> 	  efficent

Yes, what I don't like is the fact that using chunking with the current
implementation of gnome2-db2html makes the gain from caching the
documents much less interesting.

Yelp used to use the chunking-stuff so that only the section asked for
was displayed. I changed this a while back since it was more-or-less
unusable because of the speed at which you could view the documents.

> 	* The efficency problem largely comes from the fact that presently
> 	  we are just executing and external program and then pulling the
> 	  data back. The initial "make things faster" fix would be to have
> 	  yelp intercept a special "we just want to repapply the stylesheet
> 	  on the doc" uri so we don't continously reload docbook dtd and
> 	  stylesheet.

Before anyone rewrite gnome2-db2html to do some internal caching or
comes up with a scheme that solves this I think that we need to rethink
the usage of chunking, because at current it would be totally unusable.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/