Re: Updated G2D Schedule

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Sander Vesik">
>
> > Well, looking at what has/has not happened, I think its quite clear that
> > RC1 will not happen on 29th. Jeff appears to have made a mistake where the
> > time difference between beta4 and rc1 became 2 weeks anyways.
>
> Sander,
>
> Can you please review, edit and resend this email so that I can understand
> it?

Which part is unclear?

	1) packages due for beta4 Apr 15th effectively did not happen
	2) beta4 did not happen on Apr 22nd either (well, except for all
	   tarballs having arrived by then)
	3) beta4 has still has not happened
	4) we need the 3 week cycle between beta4 and rc1 - and agreed on
	   it -  and there is no meaningful date from which 29th is 3
	   weeks from.
	5) it does not make any sense at say that packages for RC1 could
	   be due 4 days after beta4 (assuming beta 4 does happen today)

> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
>   We're kind of like Canada, only we hate ourselves more, and it's wetter
>                              around the edges.

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding