Re: ScrollKeeper Categories List

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Dan Mueth">
>
> > The category list itself could use some work.  If anybody is interested in
> > developing the category list, your help would be appreciated.  Email me
> > for details.
>
> How about using Trove categories (as SourceForget does)?
>
>   http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/trove/

I guess great minds think alike:)  ESR also proposed this, at the O'Reilly
Open Documentation Summit when we initially proposed and discussed
ScrollKeeper.  We eventually decided to incorporate a lot of the trove
categories, but make our own category list which is tailored to
documentation on or relating to typical open computer open systems (ie. it
should contain categories for software and documentation licenses,
tutorials, computer hardware, etc. which do not correspond directly to a
single piece of software and thus aren't in Trove).

We should go through Trove again and see if we left out things which we
should include, since the largest part of the ScrollKeeper categories
overlap with particular software groups as represented by Trove.

Dan