Re: jrb's help proposal

Phillip Shelton <shelton usq edu au> writes:

> > I really think we want to be able to search among keywords, it's really
> > helpful when you are not sure what you are looking for. In the future we
> > also want to be able to do full text searches among all documents (we
> > would then have to build an search database at install time).
>
> And do this at every install of any package?

If we can do this incrementally, it wont be bad.  I saw that recent work
on Medusa has started adding this functionality, which may be an option
worth exploring.  Another option is to actually search through the
documentation directly.  There's an interesting program called sgrep
that appears to be very fast, and can search within sgml tags.  I don't
think this is an insurmountable problem.

-Jonathan