Re: Catalogs and DB XML

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:10:04AM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> First: indeed, in my previous attempt xsltproc was fetching DTD from the
> net, which slowed it down. So, this time I tried to force it to use
> local DTDs, by doing
[...]
>  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2/dbcentx.mod:56: warning: failed
> to load external entity
> "/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2/ent/iso-amsa.ent"
> %ISOamsa;
>
> Quick check shows that the file
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2/dbcentx.mod
> contains lines like
>
> <!ENTITY % ISOamsa.module "INCLUDE">
> <![%ISOamsa.module;[
> <!ENTITY % ISOamsa PUBLIC
> "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Math Symbols: Arrow Relations//EN//XML"
> "ent/iso-amsa.ent">
> %ISOamsa;
> <!--end of ISOamsa.module-->]]>
>
> which - as far as I can see - refer to the file ent/iso-amsa.ent, and
> such a file does not exist. Instead, I do have file ent/ISOamsa.ent.
>
> Is it indeed a bug or am I missing something?
> Can anyone with working XML catalogs check what happens on his system?

  It's not XML Catalogs. You are using SGML Catalogs
As long as people will try to mix an match XML and SGML resources
in the same tree this kind of crazyness will never get fixed.

  I have argued long, loud and painfully that we must not rely on the
existing SGML infrastructure for XML processing because it cannot
be made reliable.
  I have put an XML Catalog tree for 4.1.2 on ftp://xmlsoft.org/test/
install it, drop the export and --catalogs options and it should just
work. Use
   export XML_DEBUG_CATALOG=

 from the shell to activate catalog debugging and see what's happening
in case of problems.

Daniel