Re: updating templates

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> 1. I would like the legal stuff to be approved by someone other than
>    just us - e.g. by GNOME foundation. Not that I see any problem with
>    this, of course,  if both RMS and SUN legal dept agree :). But
>    still, formally neither SUN nor RMS are authorized to make
>    decisions for GNOME, and I want to be real careful here. Dan: you
>    are the board member - can you bring it up?

We briefly discussed this at Tuesday's board meeting.  I think we will
have to revisit the issue in more detail after the FDL is updated, which
it sounds like it eventually will be.  If we use an interim solution, we
should work on it until we are all happy with it and then run it by the
Board for their official stamp of approval.  It looks like we are getting
close.  Perhaps it will be ready for next board meeting in 2 weeks.

Dan