Re: GNOME DocTable

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:02:35PM +0000, Daniel Rees wrote:

> Any news on when the new handbook/templates etc will be up and ready for
> newbies like me? Otherwise I'm a bit clueless as to where to start. :)

Dear Daniel:
I'd say "another 2 weeks". For now, your best bet is using the old
Handbook together with the list of changes specified on jfleck's web
page:
http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/gnome2/index.html
Changes required in DocBook are actually minimal. As for DocBook tools
used, this section of GDP is obsolete; use
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/dbxml/
instead.

As for templates, you can start with the beta version of XML templates
I put together here

http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/templates/gnome-app-template.xml

I hope the final version would not be too different from this one.

Sasha