Re: xml preformated text & db2html != gnome-db2html

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 06:12:03PM +0530, Naba Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just putting two questions together (they are unrelated).
>
> 1) How can I put preformated text (that may contain "</>" etc)
> without confusing the xml parser? Last time I tried, it was
> producing errors and core dumped. May be I'm missing something
> here, but I just couldn't make it.

Are you talking about putting preformatted text in a DocBook document?

If so, you want to use CDATA, something like this:

<programlisting>
<![CDATA[
stuff that contains </> and other things you want to be rendered
without being parsed
]]>
</programlisting>

What parser are you referring to here? Are you talking about the gnome
help parser, gnome-db2html2, that ships with Nautilus?

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h)